Selected peer-reviewed publications
- Ueda H, Sun GC and Hirose S. A novel DNA binding motif abuts the zinc finger DNA binding domain of insect nuclear hormone receptors FTZ-F1 and mouse ELP. Molecular and Cellular Biology. 1992. 12:5667-5672. PMID: 1448096
- Sun GC, Hirose S, and Ueda H. Intermittent expression of BmFTZ-F1, a member of steroid receptor superfamily during development of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Developmental Biology. 1994. 162: 426-437. PMID: 8150206.
- Li FQ, Sun GC, Ueda H, and Hirose S. Sequences of two cDNAs encoding silkworm homologues ofDrosophila melanogaster squid gene. Gene. 1995. 154: 295-296. PMID: 7890181.
- Weller J, Sun GC, Zhou BH, Lan Q, Hiruma K, and Riddiford LM. Isolation and developmental expression of two nuclear receptors MHR4 and βFTZ-F1, in the tobacco hornworm, Manduca sexta. Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 2001. 31: 827-837. PMID: 11378418.
- Sun GC, Lovejoy J, Gillham S, Putiri A, Sasagawa M, and Bradley R. The Effects of Qigong on Glucose Control in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study. Diabetes Care, 2010.33(1):e8. PMID: 20040671.
- Putiri AL, Lovejoy JC, Gillham S, Sasagawa M, Bradley R, Sun GC. Psychological Effects of Yi Ren Medical Qigong and Progressive Resistance Training in Adults With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus – A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study. Altern Ther Health Med. 2012 Jan-Feb;18(1):30-4. PMID: 22516850.
- Engel AL, Sun GC, Gad E, Rastetter LR, Strobe K, Yang Y, Dang Y, Disis ML, Lu H. Protein-bound polysaccharide activates dendritic cells and enhances OVA-specific T cell response as vaccine adjuvant. Immunobiology. 2013 Dec; 218 (12):1468-76. PMID: 23735481.
Additional recent publications of importance to the field (in chronological order)
- Medical Qigong Program Equips Providers for Self-Care. Bastyr University. August 1, 2013.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. Developing Character Through Qigong Practice. The New Times – October 2000 Vol. XVI, No.5
- Sun GC. Cultivating the Body’s Information System and Experiencing the Meridians Through Qigong Practice. Medical Paradigm. 2004. 1: 49-59.
- Sun GC. The Physiology of the Three Gates in the Process of Energetic Development : The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness. 2004.14 (2): 34-39.
- Sun GC. The Plum Flowering Mind Method of Divination. 2006. The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness. 16 (1)
- Sun GC. Qigong: Bio-Energy Medicine. J Altern Complement Med. 2008. 14(8): 893. PMID: 18823262.
- Sun GC. The Art of Internal Observation and Panoramic Knowing: Laozi’s Classic on the Way of Virtues. Qi: The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness. 2008. 18 (1): 18-25.
- Sun GC and Gonet J. The Middle Path of Qi Cultivation: Balancing Wu Wei and You Wei. Qi Dao. 2010. Jan/Feb. 20-23.
- Sun GC and Gonet J. Cultivating the Shen and Nourishing the Spirit. Qi Dao. 2010. May/Jun. 21-23.
- Sun GC and Gonet J. Qi Cultivation for Healing Chronic Health Conditions. Qi Dao. 2010. Jul/Aug. 24-26.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. The Happiness of Returning to Dwell. The Empty Vessel, 2011. Fall. 7-12.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. Integrating Theory With Expereince: Medical Qigong For Healing and Healthcare. Part I. Yang-Sheng (Nurturing Life) 2012. July/Aug. 22-27.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. Integrating Theory With Expereince: Medical Qigong For Healing and Healthcare. Part II. Yang-Sheng (Nurturing Life) 2012. Sept/Oct. 40-44.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. How Can Our Practice Bring Us Joy. Aug 15, 2002.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. How Does Qigong Practice Connect Us With the Earth. Aug 15, 2002.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. Guidelines for YiRen® Qigong Practitioners. July 4, 2000.
- Sun GC. The Dao of Internal Cultivation. Qi: The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness. 2004. 14 (3): 28‐32.
- Gonet J and Sun GC. A Consideration of “Transactional Energetics” for Qi Cultivators and Healthcare Providers. Bastyr University. June 2013.
- Sun GC. An Overview: The Nine Steps of Internal Cultivation in YiRen™ Qigong. Qi: The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health and Fitness. 2007. 17 (1) Spring.